Thursday, June 9, 2011

Take 2 (or maybe this is 3?)...

Well, its been several months since I've posted anything and the blog is private for now but hopefully I can make it public again soon and share our good news! We have still been pursuing adoption and have been presented on probably close to 12 situations since January (presented to birth moms or considered on cases). But no luck until today... we got the phone call tonight that we were matched with a birth mom. We are still in shock of course and I'm sure it won't really sink in for a while. This mom is due the end of December so its a long ways away still (at least as far as the adoption world goes). But she is due basically one year from our last adoption attempt. We don't have much detail yet as we are waiting on the agency to send us what they call her Social-Medical History. But considering our history and considering the it's still 6 month away we're as excited as you can expect us to be... :) We aren't planning on telling too many people right now, probably not until we are about 3 months away or so. But I guess today we start our count down, provided all goes well between now and then, we may be traveling in December. This is a different agency than the one we matched with last year. We were actually hoping to match with the same agency again but this seems to be a very good agency also and so far their director has been great with contact (even before we matched). So basically I am just writing this for myself and to document the date and all that. Hope to post again soon....